The ViPi project organises its 1st National Workshop in Larnaca, Cyprus on Monday 3 October 2011 (14:30 – 18:30) at the hotel “Henipa Crown Resorts”, Dhekelia Road, Larnaca.
The workshop targets and is expected to attract the following profiles of people and organizations:
- Organizations representing people with disabilities
- Individuals with a disability
- Relatives of, or carers of persons with disability
- Training Centers and individual trainers of any level that are experienced or are interested in working with people with disabilities
- Intermediaries (Employment Centres, etc.)
- Policy makers
Objectives of the Workshop
The Workshop will comprise an opportunity for the participants to receive information on the early project’s findings and to discuss directly with the project consortium and affect the future workplan. The high-level objectives of the workshop are summarized as:
- Presentation of project work and findings (Basic ICT Training curriculum, ViPi Survey, ViPi platform technologies and integration pathway, Current work on mobile applications, Current work on Semantic Content Management enhancements, etc.)
- Presentation of Cyprus situation regarding education and employability of people with disabilities (invited talks by representatives of Training Centers and/or Organizations of people with disabilities)
- Open (moderated) discussion among participants on the above subjects, to affect the present and future of the ViPi project
The official language of the workshop will be the English, however, informal translation to/from Greek will be offered wherever required and for the participants’ convenience.
The participation to the workshop is free of any charge, but preliminary registration is obligatory. In order to express your interest and register to the workshop, please, send an email or call Mr. George Milis at: +357 99587884, by Friday 23 September 2011.
Please provide following information:
- Full Name
- Organization (if applicable)
- Contact details
- Reason of interest
- Transportation required? (please, see Transportation section)
- Interested for lunch? (please, see Lunch section).
Considering the fact that the majority of the participants are expected to arrive from Nicosia, the project will arrange for a bus (free of charge) to transfer people from Nicosia to the workshop venue and back.
- From Nicosia to workshop venue: 03 October 2011, 12:00 or 13:30 (please, see Lunch section).
- From workshop venue to Nicosia: 03 October 2011, 19:00.
Please, explicitly state your interest to use the above service at registration.
Before the workshop and depending on interest expressed through registration, the project will offer lunch (free of charge) to the participants, at the workshop venue. Time: 13:00.